10 THINGS with LVBX Managing Editor, Nicole Gusé
1. On Feb. 22nd, the popular Canadian series Workin’ Moms debuted on US Netflix and it’s highly binge-worthy. While I’m making recommendations, don’t miss I’m Sorry, the latest from comedian Andrea Savage. You’re welcome, you now have weekend plans.
2. I’m currently in the second trimester of my pregnancy, and the Slip Silk Eye Mask has helped me with deeper, more restorative sleep. Not to mention, it feels entirely indulgent.
3. Jade facial roller. Not only is this tool extremely helpful this time of year for relieving sinus pressure, but tucking it into the freezer for a bit and using it on my legs has been the perfect trick for any pregnancy-related puffiness.
4. Current books of interest: The Postnatal Depletion Cure: A Complete Guide to Rebuilding Your Health and Reclaiming Your Energy for Mothers of Newborns, Toddlers, and Young Children + Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting + To Have and To Hold: Motherhood, Marriage, & The Modern Dilemma + Orgasmic Birth: Your Guide to a Safe, Satisfying, and Pleasurable Birth Experience + The First Forty Days: The Essential Art of Nourishing the New Mother.
5. BLANQI maternity leggings. Let’s face it, maternity dressing gets a bad rap for a reason. These are both comfortable, and stylish.
6. CBD-infused lotion has been the angelic balm for any pregnancy related discomfort. While I haven’t yet tried this brand, it comes highly recommended. Of equal importance has been sweet almond oil for rubbing over my chest and stomach.
7. The liquor free cocktail menu at Cana Wine & Cocktails in Wichita, KS. Why is it that once you become pregnant, you crave a cocktail more than ever?
8. I just arrived home from our babymoon in St. Louis. If you’re in the area, I highly recommend brunch at OLIO, an Israeli inspired eatery and cocktail bar located in a renovated 1930’s filling station and connected to its sister fine dining restaurant, ELAIA. Select a few items to share from their array of unique small plates. And don’t miss the Soulard neighborhood of St. Louis with its french influences. We stayed at the 1874 historic carriage house and office of noted St. Louis doctor, Dr. Franz Arzt.
9. The new lighting collection from interior designer Leanne Ford at Target.
10. It’s incredible what a little incense can do for my pregnant mood. My current favorite is Triloka Solar Plexus incense. It contains davana leaves and essential oil. The energy is balancing and soothing.